Saturday, March 6, 2010

CCAD

I had an interesting class in CCAD with art teachers taking a masters course. When I say interesting, I mean interesting for me. It's interesting to present what it is you do to people from a different background and see how they apply to what they do.

I talked about blogs and how they work. Then I outlined how blogs could be used in education. There were lots of interesting questions from the floor. That's always good.
CCAD01.m4v

I got each student to set up a blog. We didn't make as much progress as I would have liked because the machines were acting up a tiny bit. [My guess is something to do with the proxy server]. Some students who were not confident with IT had their confidence dented even further, even though  actually they were doing great and doing everything correctly. So students will have to customise their blogs and add the blog list from home.

Towards the end I gave a short talk on blogging for artists. My challenge to practicing artists is to share the process of their art making so that we can have a better understanding of the finished product, and to contribute something to this society that has invested a lot in their education. If art and artists are going to matter, then they are going to have to speak up. Sitting in your bedroom making nice things is just therapy.
CCAD2.m4v

Notes: CCAD-blogtalk.pdf artist-blog.pdf

1 comment:

mad4mulberry said...

"CCAD"Hi Colin, had a go at putting pics on that blog today.Is it the same thing as the "reflective journal?Should I be doing another blog as well as this one?.Hey, another "mad4mulberry"person (unlike myself and Anne, who are pennyless)has somehow ended up on the M.A. site with a whole lot of expensive bag purchases!!!!Check it out!