Thursday, November 23, 2017

COMP9039 Law - Week 11 Data protection & the GDPR

Four and half hours of EU regulations in every dose

Earlier in the week I recorded lectures on the GDPR. Rather than waiting until I had the audio edited and synchronised with the slides in video form I e-mailed the raw audio to students along with the slides.  The files are on Blackboard now also. The audio file is 4.5 hours long. So obviously I don't expect anyone to get through it in one sitting.  It's guaranteed to send you to sleep it you try.

Today I uploaded e-mailed some articles and notes that elaborate on the "legitimate interest" justification for data processing.  The GDPR isn't especially informative on that.

No one attended the live session tonight.

Although the GDPR lecture largely concludes our business I will be online again next week to answer any questions or help with any issues.

No comments: