Wednesday, October 14, 2015

SOFT6008 Class 05.4 Exam

We had an exam from 1230-1400.  I will send an email once I have the results organised.

The font for the code caused some confusions because l2 looked like 12.  I did my best to clear that up on the day, but it may not have been enough.  Here's a PDF of the exam and a version of it in a different font.  Please take a look at them both.

If you feel that you were disadvantaged by the typography of the exam, please send me an e-mail by noon on Wednesday (21st) and I will set aside your result.  I will get back to you with a time for a different exam, that will address the same learning outcomes.  However, before making this choice please be aware that the exam will likely be after 1800 some evening, will take less than an hour, and may not be open book.  Also it won't be a best-out-of-two scenario.  The mark you get for the second exam will be on only mark you will get.

I have no reason to believe that anyone was disadvantaged by the typography.  But if someone was I would like to try to redress it now while we have time rather than later.

No comments: