Tuesday, September 20, 2011

SOFT7001 Class 01

We looked at the module descriptor and I explained what this module was and wasn't. Since a number of students are taking this an an elective I explained what the pre-requisites were.

I asked students to construct a simple web page with some tags and to change the color of the text using a linked style sheet. The students present were able to do that, so I figure they know enough CSS to proceed with this module.

I gave out a handout. I had enough for all but one student. It was a copy of (most of) http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors/

Students with laptops should being them to the class in PF54. There is no prospect of doing anything productive there otherwise. I have requested a room change.

DWEB2 students are automatically registered for this module. Other students need to register. The CRN for this module is 22517.  I would like these students to also e-mail their names to me.

 audio: soft7001-01-20110920.m4a

No comments: