Monday, November 9, 2009

BBADM3 Site Maps

I had a look at student site maps today. I'm glad I asked for these to be posted because for the first time I have a clear picture about what students are doing for their projects. Information has been fairly scarce on the group blogs up to this point. Some groups need a tighter focus for the project.

Some useful questions to ask are:
Who is this site aimed at? What does this site have that others don't? What is the point of this site?

Each page should have a name. page 1 is not a good name. If you can't think of 1 or 2 words that sum up the page, then it might be a indication that more focus is needed.

Some projects don't strike me as being suitable. I am not going to insist anyone change their plans. I only give advice. I don't make people take it.

If you are revising your plans, leave old blog posts intact and post the revised versions. Web Site Design is a process, and there are marks going for working through the process.

No comments: