Monday, November 9, 2009

BBADM3 Web Apps Week 09 Class 1 B

We looked at compression and video compression in particular. I discussed the cost/quality trade off in lossy compression.

We looked at how graphics degrade poorly when heavily compressed in JPEG.


I outlined the format for the rest of the semester. 1 of the 4 clases per week will be a lecture. For at least 2 of the other classes students will work on their projects.

I told students to let me know if they need classes in Publisher. The general feeling was that that was unecessary. We will see how we go and revisit the question later.

I offered classes in Photoshop. Students have already done the basics, so there might be no need. There didn't seem to be much support for looking at it in more detail for the craic. That's understandable, I suppose, since anything not essential to the project is probably an extravagance at this stage.

No comments: