Wednesday, February 17, 2010

SOFT6007 EV Week 03

I gave out a table exercise for students to do, to be told that they had already done it. However, when I went around few students had it actually finished. For the first hour or so of class students worked on this and other exercises. Students are at very different levels, with some only starting for the first time tonight. I wanted to give people a chance to catch up, but also keep other student busy.



Since most students had completed the table exercise within the first hou I asked them to take a look at imagemaps. This was bad planning on my part, however, since they could have done that at home in advance. I gave them an exercise.

Image used for the exercise
usacities.jpg


We looked at how image maps could be coded more simply with a bit of thought. The usacities image can be done with just one polygon. We looked at an actual map (iberia.jpg) and talked about ow that could be coded.


For next week students should take a look at online Classes 08, 09, 10, & 11.

No comments: