Wednesday, March 6, 2013

COMP6023 Feedback - How am I driving?

We are at roughly the half-way point of the semester. I would be interested in getting student feedback on the module. I will open the comments on this blog to anonymous comments for a few days. That hasn't gone well in the past, but I will give it another go.

Comments don't have to be anonymous. But if you want to leave a comment anonymously make sure you are logged out of Google before you submit it. Comments will be moderated, but I hope to publish all of them.

Try to make the distinction between the module, the delivery of it,  the assessment of it, and the lecturer.  Students often merge all of these concepts.

So any comments, suggestions, or recommendations you might have are welcome. Just leave a comment on this post.

4 comments:

Colin Manning said...

No takers?

Anonymous said...

you're pretty damn good, one of the best lecturers we've had.

You explain everything in depth yet in ways that are easy to understand. You answer questions thoroughly. You're not a human slide reader: you always keep things funny and engaging. You give interesting assignments with very clear requirements, yet maintain the flexibility for people to do different things if they're motivated. You go the extra mile to keep up with people's progress and keep people up to date. You even record your lectures. I really appreciate this stuff, as does everyone else who makes an effort.

Anonymous said...

Would you ever consider giving each weeks post a grading so people will know if they are doing what's required rather than someone finding out at the very end that they didn't do enough and actually failed?

Anonymous said...

I must say your by far the most entertaining and interactive lecturer i have had in my first year in CIT. I find your classes interesting and i dont find myself in a trance of boredom. I like the way you make an effort in class and keep everyone tuned in through your blog emails google+ everything.