Friday, November 28, 2008

Web Publishing Results & Deadline

I thought I had put the results of the exam online. I guess I didn't. The whole lot will be available soon enough anyway.

Some students took at the second shot at writing the essay. No student took my advice and started with a pencil and a blank sheet of paper.

A number of student will get zero and will get a letter from JimOD explaining that's why they got zero. I hope those letters will be organized on Monday or Tuesday. If you feel hard done by, there is a process you can trigger and some third parties will good at your essay and make a call. They also get to make a call on the punishment. That could be worse than just getting zero, but I've never heard of a penalty greater than that.

Some other students took a stab at second attempt. They got a mark that wasn't a whole lot better than zero (there was only 35% to play for anyway) but they won't be getting the letter home.

It won't take me too long to get the projects corrected one they are submitted. The module schedule says this is to be delivered in Week 12. Let's say Wednesday at 1600. After that will be considered late. But I really think you should get it done and dusted this weekend. Studying for exams is a better use of your time. This is only worth 30% of one module afterall.

No comments: