Monday, November 17, 2008

COM1-CMOD6001 31A & 32A

I got students to sign up to turnitin.com and submnit their recent essays.

I'd apprectiate if all students could do this. It will save me a good bit of hassle later on. The class ID is 2506113. The password was givin out in the Group A lab.

TurnItIn is designed to detect segments of student work that have been copied from websites and other sources. I will run each eassy through this process before correcting. If you do not submit your essay using this process it will be a lot of hassle for me. If you have copied large chucks of your paper from the web, annoying me will only compound the problem.

Some students allowed me to use their submissions to illustrate how TurnItIn works. I showed students the 2-window display with student submissions in one window and the source material on the other.

1 comment:

ColinM said...

I've already uploaded the papers now. Thanks to those students who uploaded their papers for me. That saved me some time.