Wednesday, October 12, 2011

CMOD6001 DWEB1 Class 14

I asked students to check the list on my blog to ensure that I have the correct URL for their blogs.

I talked about why I want students to keep personal blogs and group blogs.

I explained what the options are for anyone who has realised they are in the wrong course.

I talked a little bit about some common grammar mistakes and gave a handout with common mistakes. Some grammar rules are non-negotiatable. The spell checker and grammar checker in MS Word is very useful for anyone whose English is weak.

I gave out a list of Finnish students who are looking to join groups. That prompted some discussion about the value of having a remote student in each group.

I showed students where to find IEEE and ACM journals o the library website.

Some students wanted to swap presentation topics, so they stayed a few minutes at the end for that. Some students only got their jobs for the assignment today.

audio: cmod6001-dweb-14-20111012.m4a

No comments: