Friday, November 4, 2011

CMOD6001 COM Class

I asked any groups that had their presentations ready to copy them to my machine. None had. I guess that means the groups won't get much time to practice before the presentation.

I told students they could use my laptop or bring their own. I reminded them again that they must attend all the CIT classes next week. I reminded them that failure to turn up and leave on time to all CMOD6001 classes nest week would result in them getting a very low mark for the presentation and it will affect the mark of the group. Attending other students presentations is a minimum requirement for the presentation assignment.

Lab Group B students may be presenting as early as 0900 on Monday.

Target presentation time is 15 minutes

I met with the groups for updates and just to check that everything is on course for next week.

Group F
no one was in
there are some serious issues with this group, but I can't resolve them with people who aren't here

Group B
3/3 students in
nearly finished putting slides together
might practice on Monday

Group X
1/4 students
research done
plan for meeting on Monday to make slides
I will need to see evidence of specific contributions of all 4 students
probably won't get much time to practice



Group Z
1/1 student in
Only one student left in the group. Student only realized this yesterday. This is not a good sign.
Not sure how much has been done so far


Group D
4/4 students in
Just need to merge slides and touch them up
Not clear on plans for practice

Group C
4/4 students in
Just need to merge slides
Not clear on plans for practice
Once student wanted to know what would happen if they were not present on one of the days. I explained that this would result in a very low individual mark and a lower group mark.

Group W
1/4 students in
Not clear on who has done what
plans seem to be well advanced
will merge slides on Monday

Group E
4/4 students in
still researching and working on slides
small bit behind schedule probably won't get time to practice

Group Y
no one in

No comments: