Saturday, November 5, 2011

CMOD6001 Presentation Preparations

I came in this morning to figure out how to connect my laptop up to the projectors. Some rooms have been acting up lately.

B219
Switch doesn't work
Use PC

B269

Works fine
Only one way to connect up
Can't go wrong

B187

Use chair to reach projector
Bring cable to box on top of PC


C170
Works like you'd expect
Connect laptop to computer socket
Set switch to laptop


Everything will go more smoothly on the day if students let me know in advance if they are using their laptop or mine. All the slides should be sent to me in advance of the presentations. I can take most common formats. If you are using my laptop send a PDF too just to be extra safe.

I have drawn up a schedule for the presentations but I've decided not to share that with students since it would give them the impression that they do not need to be ready on the first day. I plan to do three presentations per class. But I might do four. And if a group doesn't show, another will use its slot.

Just so there's no confusion, the presentations may also take place during the lab classes. And let me re-state that all students must attend their (timetabled) classmates' presentations. If you present on the first day you must still attend all the other presentations.

No comments: