Tuesday, November 15, 2011

CMOD6001 Essays

I am still working my way through the essays. Since writing is an iterative process, I wanted to give students feedback on their papers. But very few students submitted drafts. I propose to allow students to re-submit their papers so that they can correct any problems I might have identified. The deadline is noon on Wednesday 23 November. Students who don't want to re-submit need not take any action.

26 students got no feedback at all yet. They are all in the second half of the alphabet. I hope to get through those in the next few days.

Students that copied and pasted extensively from the internet got no feedback other than that.

The 10 mark late penalty for submitting in the first week after the deadline will be waived for all students. So students who missed the deadline can still submit, albiet without the benefit of feedback. The 20 mark penalty for submitting in the second week will still apply.

You should be able to see any comments I have on your paper by logging in to turnitin.

I have collected up a lot of the comments so that students can avoid making the same mistakes as others. Some comments are topic specific.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im glad to hear the 10 mark penalty has been waived, my paper has now been turned in! Cheers